Thursday, August 14, 2014

Designing Self-Paced Professional Development.

Over the past two years we have replace the faculty’s HP tablets with MacBook Airs.  In order to facilitate the changeover, I am creating a self-paced professional development course on Schoology. This week, I sent the following email to staff:

I bought my first Mac in 1984, the year of the first Macs. I would like to share some of my OS X experience with those of you who are new or relatively new to the system. This year, rather than conducting a workshop or two, I am creating a self-paced Apple Technology course in Schoology.  Instead of being graded, you will receive an animated GIF badge for each unit of completion.  My aim is to create ten units.  (So far I have completed four).  I hope to have all of them done by October, but of course you can start anytime.

The four modules I have established so far deal with these subjects:

Mac Basics
Keyboard Shortcuts
Screencasts with QuickTime
System Preferences


Do you have other suggestions for topics? If so, please email them to lrbaker@mhsmi.org.


No comments:

Blog Archive