Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Updates at "Becoming a Digital School Administrator"

Over the holidays I refreshed my free iTunes U course, Becoming A Digital School Administrator.  I did some weeding, but also received some new additions.  I am continuing with my practice of only using resources created by school building administrators.

Principal Curt Rees told me about TouchCast, an app that staff at his elementary school use to produce videos. For the course I have included a video that Curt shared with the school community over the summer.  It will show administrators that they don't need advanced editing skills to replace letters to parents with more engaging video presentations.





In the "Interactive Communications" section of the course, I have added the Knapp Elementary Twitter as well as the Walnut Creek FaceBook page as best practices.  Addtionally, I have included a Canadian principal's blog on Your School Needs a FaceBook Page. I have also replaced one blog best practice with another. Susan Astone of Francis Wyman School is the author of the new one.




I am anticipating more upgrades from two of the course's strongest contributors in the not-too-distant future.  Eric Sheninger's  new book will be available soon.  I am hoping to link its digital format to the course.  Melinda Miller has informed me that "I have been asked to present about Flipped Faculty meetings to MO Principals at our state conference in March. I will share that with you when complete. I have also been asked to lead a 2 hour workshop on Digital Tools to Improve Admin. Productivity.  . . .  I will share that with you as well."

Melinda, Eric, and many others have given me permission to use their media at my June ISTE presentation.  As I continue to curate this course, I build my own personal learning network and stay on top of best practices.




No comments:

Blog Archive