Thursday, February 28, 2013

"Help students raise new kinds of questions"


“I have yet to have a student tell me they can't use technology in class because they haven't received any PD on it. -- Sean Junkins

“With one online class, I received more feedback on my class ideas that I had in my whole career of teaching." -- Mitch Duneier (Princeton)

‘A good educator is a tour guide of learning possibilities. They should learners the possibilities and then get out of the way.” -- via Jackie Gerstein.

"The best teachers are those who show you where to look but don't tell you what to see."  -- Alexandra Trenfor

“Educators should help students understand the change process through their own understanding - intellectually and passionately.” -- Tony Wagner

“One of the great secrets to fostering deep learning is the ability to help students raise new kinds of questions that they will find fascinating. Sometimes that means beginning with the questions that are already on their minds and helping them see how those inquiries lead to new puzzles.”  -- Ken Bain

-----------

Photo Credit: syrsln / ibo guido via Compfight cc

No comments:

Blog Archive