In my last post, when we visited The Ideal Voter, I did not mention that the group had been completely intimidated the day before revealing their beautiful site, because the Democracy of Tomorrow group had stunned us all with a finished product that surpassed our wildest dreams. I tweeted during their presentation that I was "being blown away" by what I was seeing.
You simply must visit the site to appreciate what this group has done. But as you click to their site, please note that most of the content you find there is original. They have created most of the videos posted to the site. And the site is divided into three sections in order to meet the needs of kids, new voters and active voters. Similar to the Ideal Voter Group, Democracy of Tomorrow seeks to teach citizens how to get involved in government and why their votes matter.
Other aspects of the site which impressed us and may interest you:
* The group purchased the domain name to their site
* The group drew so much traffic to their site that when they began their presentation they told us to google "Challenge of Democracy" and we were surprised to find that it was the top hit.
* Over 1150 visitors have been to the site. The students created links through Twitter posts, Facebook, and a Wikipedia page.
* Most of the students in this group learned the nuances of the technology they explored or emplyed in the project.
* As with the other groups, the only credit I can take for what these students accomplished was presenting a solid challenge, introducing them to the cbl process, and urging them to set the bar high. Their solution was purely student direced and created.
You might be wondering how I can top this with the last student presentation. I many ways I cannot. But my challenge to the class was to "create an authentic medium for improving our democracy." In the next post you will see the most authentic medium created by any group . . . on Facebook.
- ► 2015 (82)
- ► 2014 (102)
- ► 2013 (104)
- ► 2012 (106)
- ► 2011 (125)
- AP Government CBL Student Solution -- A Web Master...
- AP Government CBL -- Solutions: A Vibrant Web Si...
- AP Government CBL -- Student Solutions: A Demo
- AP Government CBL -- Student Solutions: Nings & T...
- AP Government CBL - Student Presentations
- AP Government CBL - The Research
- AP Government CBL - The Project Challenge
- Super Soph Simulation
- Connecting A School Community with Social Media
- Weekend Take Out from the Opinion Drive-thru
- A Great Journalism Wiki
- Hail to the Chief!
- Resolved-- to share some music recs!
- ▼ January (13)
- ► 2009 (128)