After a thorough review and evaluation of several different alternatives Mercy has decided to switch learning management systems (LMS) from Moodle to Schoology. Teachers, students and parents will be able to access Schoology from their smartphones and tablets (iOS and Android) or any web browser. Starting this semester a group of pilot teachers will begin to use Schoology. By the start of the 2014-2015 school year all courses will be moved to Schoology.
Here are some of the new features:
- Seamless integration with PowerSchool. If you take a quiz or submit an assignment your grades will automatically sync with PowerSchool.
- Easy integration with DropBox and Google Drive.
- The ability to record video and audio submissions right from your iPad or laptop.
- No storage limit on what you upload to Schoology.
- Full featured iOS and Android apps for use on the iPad or your smart phone.
More information will be provided to the Mercy community regarding Schoology throughout the rest of this semester and the start of the 2014-15 school year.