Thursday, September 22, 2011
Instructional Tech at Our School
Once again I have found that I learn quite a bit by making a presentation on a subject. Since our 1 to 1 computing program is six years old, we can now point to some very significant elements of technology that are now commonplace in our curriculum:
* Coursework and activities delivered online.
* Group Collaboration through shared documents and wikis.
* Multimedia presentations by students and teachers.
Without question, the one area which lags behind expectations would be ebooks. While a couple of the courses have gone bookless altogether, our students still carry enormous book bags full of texts. Primarily this is due to the publishers dragging their heels. As ebooks become more commonplace we can move toward less expensive devices and enter a new phase of digital learning.
Here are some slides from my presentation:
- ► 2015 (82)
- ► 2014 (102)
- ► 2013 (104)
- ► 2012 (106)
- Crisp September Links on Touch Devices
- Eight Pillars of Innovation & Other Links
- Instructional Tech at Our School
- The Subway Provides a Lesson about Testing
- Hit the Links at the Drive-thru
- Assessment Methods for Challenge Based Learning
- My Go-to Technologies as an Administrator
- Electives Anyone?
- Interesting LINKS for Going back to School
- ▼ September (9)
- ► 2010 (145)
- ► 2009 (128)