Monday, March 22, 2010
CBL Video - A Different Kind of Project
Alissa emphatically points out important differences between an Apple Challenge Based Learning Project and conventional group assignments. Until I tried a CBL, I was always frustrated by the artificiality of "project" assignments which were basically designed by the teacher and completed for the teacher. In those kinds of projects, students simply jump through hoops.
In my government classes I have often tried many different types of current events projects. But the results were often depressingly superficial. This school year I have tried cbls with both my AP and sophomore government classes. As Alissa reflects, the results were refreshingly different.
- ► 2015 (82)
- ► 2014 (102)
- ► 2013 (104)
- ► 2012 (106)
- ► 2011 (125)
- A Simple Video Exercise
- And I Quote . . . .
- A New Approach to Student Presentations
- CBL Video - A Different Kind of Project
- Rewritable Textbooks
- Five Tenth Graders Jump out of the Box
- Reflections on MACUL 2010
- MACUL Conference Presentation on Challenge Based L...
- MHS Board of Trustees Presentation
- A Virtual Parent-Teacher Conference
- Getting Skeptical Teachers on Board the Tech Train...
- Ruminations on the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
- Innovating, Failing, Disrupting, and Creating
- ▼ March (15)
- ► 2009 (128)