Sunday, July 3, 2011

1500 Tweets Later

1451 and counting!
I wish I had something profound to say about Twitter, having passed the 1500 Tweet milestone.  My feelings have only warmed to it since I started, but it is not exactly a central part of my life.

Nowadays, I particularly enjoy tweeting with journalists and fans during sports events.  It is also a steady source of material for this blog because it takes me out of my usual reading habits.

I've never felt addicted to Twitter, nor considered it a chore in any way.  It continues to be the most severely misunderstood social medium by those who stand outside of it complaining that 140 characters is just too limiting.  Well, that sort of overlooks the way so many links to other sources are passed among followers.  I am certainly thankful I can direct some of them to this blog whenever I post, and I certainly have never limited myself to 140 characters here!

One last comment: My wife tipped me off to Flipboard for Pad, a marvelous tool for turning that stream of links in your Twitter into a magazine style collection of serendipitous articles.  Good stuff!

No comments:

Blog Archive