I recently posted "Diary of a Country Priest Movie Review" to YouTube. As I indicated in my last post, I love making these little movie reviews. Sometimes they relate to my film class; other times just for my Film Favorites site. I have written original scripts and created the movies with iMovie. "Three Colors Blue" is a good example.
More often, for purposes of expedience, I use Photo To Movie because it is so darn easy to use (Thanks for the tip, Rick Strobl). And ....I often don't write original scripts. Instead I base them on the likes of great writers like Chris Koehn, Patrick Crogan, James Berardinelli, and David Church. In each case, I have contacted the writer or scholar and requested permission to use his text in my script. The permissions process has been quite gratifying. The writers are enthusiastic and flattered.
My collaborator for the "Country Priest" is Gary Morris, the editor/publisher of the "Bright Lights Film Journal" -- a terrific film resource. Gary even threw out the possibility that someday in the near future he'll be redesigning his site and might even accommodate little movies like mine! A fun idea and a gratifying collaboration.
Screen shot of PhotoToMovie "Review- Diary of a Country Priest" project
- ► 2015 (82)
- ► 2014 (102)
- ► 2013 (104)
- ► 2012 (106)
- ► 2011 (125)
- Authentic Audiences
- A Favorite Podcasting Activity
- Monday Musings at the Drive-thru
- Why I Don't Teach Technology (much)
- Drawn to the Bright Lights
- Blurring the Lines between Personal and Profession...
- Consumer Technology Revisits My Film Class
- Luddite Letters of Recommendation
- Tech Agony and the Ecstasy
- Ning Nut or Nuts to Nings?
- AP Government CBL Project -- Assessments
- AP Government CBL -- Student Solutions: Facebook
- ▼ February (12)
- ► 2009 (128)