Part 3 of 3 - "Year in Review from the Trenches"
In Part 2, I had a chance to moan about "shell shock." But of course, I am not simply going to stay huddled on the ground holding my helmet. Here's my "battle plan" going forward.
* Focus on building my networks beyond my own building and aggressively seek a role as a Web 2.0 curriculum presenter and consultant. (Received confirmation of an October Mame 36 presentation two days ago. Woo-hoo!).
* Focus on media rich skills. I can make basic podcasts and videos, but I want to develop better technical skills with GarageBand and iMovie. The first weeks of summer "vacation" I am really immerse myself in this wonderful stuff.
* Ask fellow Web Warrior, Rick Strobl, to be my Sherpa as I venture as I get into the rarefied air of web media.
*While I dig into media applications, I will cut down my summer blogging to twice a week. But when I blog, I will naval-gaze less and try to engage my audience more. At the same time, I will more consciously "journal" in bursts through Twitter, giving my "followers" more content.
* I will be sampling academic lectures from iTunes U, to see how I can use the material in my courses. I have already begun editing two of these for the AP Digital Anthology.
* When I come beck to my internet classroom projects in the Fall I will focus on streamlined methods of evaluation.
* I will launch the Blog Squad at school in the Fall but will confine my efforts to a pilot approach.
* I am determined to keep pushing into social bookmarking. Sooner or later I will find another Diigo lover with mutual reading interests.
*I will love the heck out of the ADE Institute in July.
The Drive-thru will begin a Tuesday, Friday schedule next week.
Photo: British soldiers "go over the top" at the Battle of the Somme
- ► 2015 (82)
- ► 2014 (102)
- ► 2013 (104)
- ► 2012 (106)
- ► 2011 (125)
- ► 2010 (145)
- Ed Tech Leadership & Transparency
- Summer Play with Jpegs
- Let's Get Real-- Online Networks Will Change Educa...
- I Wonder as I Blogger
- Shakespeare & Me -- An Amicable Separation
- Over the Top (The Tech Campaign Continues)
- Shell Shock in the Trenches (part 2)
- Year in Review from the Trenches -- Making Headway...
- Web 2.0 Summer School (or Camp!)
- A School's Choice-- Parent Pushback or Feedback on...
- The Web Warriors Collaboration
- ▼ June (11)